Preparations for Zimbabwe's 10th tourism expo, Sanganai/Hlanganani, have resumed after a government bail-out.
The Zimbabwe Tourism Authority had previously said there was a possibility of cancelling the event due to a lack of funding.
Chief Executive, Karikoga Kaseke, said the Ministry of Finance committed to fund Sanganai 2017 and also disbursed funds for ZTA to pay all service providers owed from 2016.
ZTA owed service providers $150 000 for services provided during the last expo.
"The Ministry of Finance has also provided us with enough funds to start preparations for Sanganai/ Hlanganani this year's edition of the expo," said Kaseke.
He said, however, that this year's event would be held from September 27-30 in Bulawayo instead of June to allow for proper planning.
"As we speak, more than one third of the exhibition space has already been taken by both local and international exhibitors," he said.