The inaugural awards will be judged by renowned independent experts from across the world. Nominations will open at WTM Africa 2019 and the first set of winners will be announced in 2020. The awards ceremony will take place on April 10-12.
The awards will cover the following categories:
- Best National Tourism Board Campaign/DMO Campaign;
- Best Regional/City Campaign;
- Most innovative use of technology within a destination;
- Best agency for tourism marketing;
- Best PR Campaign;
- Best Digital Campaign in Tourism;
- Best Digital Influencer in the industry;
- Best Destination for Wellness;
- Best Destination for Responsible Tourism;
- Best Destination for Adventure Tourism;
- Best Destination for Food Tourism; and
- Best Destination for LGBT Tourism.
“We believe that one set of prestigious awards will further reward the efforts of tourism and travel businesses that go the extra mile.”
Companies that want to enter the awards can do so at WTM Africa’s website. Businesses are also encouraged to register their interest on the website.